Subcribe and Access : 5200+ FREE Videos and 21+ Subjects Like CRT, SoftSkills, JAVA, Hadoop, Microsoft .NET, Testing Tools etc..
Date: June 7th @ 4:00PM
Faculty: Mr. Rajesh
DURGA SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS at Maitrivanam
Plot No : 202,
IInd Floor ,
Ph.No: +91 - 9246212143, 80 96 96 96 96
CHAPTER - 1: INTRODUCTION TO Operating system
- Uses and Examples of Operating system
- Introduction to UNIX and LINUX
- History of Unix/Linux
CHAPTER - 2 : Architecture
- Architecture of Unix / Linux
- Types of Interfaces ( CUI& GUI )
- What is Shell and their types?
- What is KERNEL and its usage
CHAPTER - 3: Installing Linux on Vm Ware
- Installing linux on vm ware workstation.
- What are Installation Issues And How to resolve at BIOS level?
Admin User and His responsibilities
- How Tocreate user accounts and how to set passwords.
- How to delete user accounts?
CHAPTER - 4: Linux File System Structure
- Built in directories
- Purpose of Each Built in directory
- What is root directory and home directory
- What are the contents in root and home
CHAPTER - 5: GENERAL COMMANDS
- How to open shell window
- How to switch between user accounts in CUI / GUI
- How to get Operating system information?
- How to display date and date components?
- Getting information of working users
- How to change password for current user?
CHAPTER - 6: FILE TYPES & DIRECTORIES
- User Defined Directories
- How to create Directories
- How to switch from one directory in to other directory?
- How to delete directories?
- How to create multiple directories at a time?
- How to create multi-level directory structure?
CHAPTER - 7: REGULAR FILES AND RELATED COMMANDS
- How to create / display / delete Regular file?
- How to copy file – to – file
- How to copy file-to- directory
- How to copy Directory-to -Directory
- How to link a file with other file
- Types of links
- How to transfer files Physically
CHAPTER - 8: REGULAR FILES AND RELATED COMMANDS
- What is “ ls “command and its options
- What is long list and components in long list
- How to check hidden files
- How to display file data page by page
- How to get lines/words/chars using “ wc” command
CHAPTER - 9: FILE PERMISSIONS
CHAPTER - 10: WILD CARD CHARACTERS
CHAPTER - 11: FILTERS
- Getting data from beginning of file(head)
- Getting data from end of file (tail)
- How to sort file data?
- How to get partial data (cut )
- And combine multiple file data (paste)
CHAPTER - 12: FILTERS
- How to translate file data?
- How to remove junk characters from file data?
- How do I save output and show output at a time?
- How do I create set of empty files?
CHAPTER - 13: FILTERS
- Pattern Searching
CHAPTER - 14: FILTERS
CHAPTER - 15: COMMUNICATION COMMANDS
CHAPTER - 16: PROCESSES & Networking commands
- How to check Processes?
- Making a process as a background process
- Making a process as a foreground process
- How to kill a process normally or by force?
- Downloading file from server
- Uploading file from server
- What is ssh?
CHAPTER - 17: EDITORS
- Types of editors
- Uses of editors
- What is vi editor
- Modes of vi
- Commands in vi
CHAPTER - 18: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 1
- What is a shell script?
- Types of shell scripts
- How to create and execute a shell script?
- echo and read command usage in scripting
- Example scripts
CHAPTER - 19: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 2
- What are variables?
- Use of variables
- Types of variables
- How to define and un define variable?
- How to check environment variables?
- Defining variables
- Example scripts
CHAPTER - 20: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 3
- How to set PATH of a directory?
- What is .profile file and how to edit it?
- Arithmetic Operators
- “expr” command
- Example scripts
CHAPTER - 21: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 4
-- On String
-- On Integers
-- On Files
- CONTROL STRUCTURES
- Conditional statements
- Example Scripts
CHAPTER - 22: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 5
- Examples on loops
- CASE construct
- Examples on Case
CHAPTER - 23: SHELL SCRIPTING
PART - 6:
- Command line arguments
- Working with Scripts with command line arguments
CHAPTER - 24: Job Scheduling
- What is a job?
- Why to schedule job?
- Types of job scheduling
- What is crontab file?
- What is cron?
- How to modify crontab?
- How do I verify output from crontab?
CHAPTER - 25: find COMMAND
- How do I search for a file?
- Searching based on file name, file type, file size
- Searching based on File creation / access/ modified time
- Search and delete
CHAPTER - 26: tar COMMAND
- What is archive file and how to create it
- How to take backup of files
- How it is useful in real time
- Creating archive and compress it
- How to extract files from archive
CHAPTER - 27: WORKING WITH DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS
- How to work with c / c ++ Programs in Linux?
- How to work with java files in Linux?
- How to work with Oracle in Linux?